2020 MOUNTAIN AIRE
NEW FEATURES AND PRODUCT CHANGES
For 2020, the Mountain Aire goes through a life cycle change with new front and rear caps. The instrument panel remains the same, as this product received a completely redesigned digital “glass” dash in 2019.
One specific item Newmar’s Floor Plan Team had as an objective for 2020 was to improve the amount of room between the bed and the nightstands in its gas products. The intent was to make it easier for the customer to make the bed and more easily getting their hands between the bed and the night tables. This approach was taken with the 4018 Mountain Aire for 2020.
The Mountain Aire 4018 is also different in that the sofas are smaller for 2020 (ODS sofa goes from 87” to 84” and DS sofa goes from 68” to 62”), and the dinette area is 71” is width instead of 75”. By doing this, the rear bath area is 5 inches larger.
The Mountain Aire 4018, 4533, 4535, 4543, 4551 and 4579 are carry over floor plans for 2020.
The Mountain Aire 4550 and 4534 models are discontinued for the 2020 model year. These floor plans are replaced with 2 new offerings. These are the 4559 and 4569 floorplans. The Mountain Aire 4576 has also no longer available for 2020.
The popular Dutch Star 4002 model has also been added as a 2nd 40’ floor plan in Mountain Aire for the 2020 model year.
There are a total of 3 new models in the 2020 Mountain Aire line-up:
The Mountain Aire 4002 is a bath and a half, triple slide floor plan with a full wall slide on the off door side.
- The front living area offers an 84” chaise lounge and kitchen, including refrigerator and pantry on the off door side.
- The door side of the front living area features a 62” hide-a-bed sofa with “televator” as well as a patio side dining area with a hide-a-leaf table with 2 fixed and 2 folding chairs.
- A half bath is located mid-ship.
- The master bedroom features a king bed across from which rests 2 shirt wardrobes, dresser and a Samsung 4K television.
- The master bath area at the rear of the 4002 offers a 35” radius shower, large vanity and two wardrobes one of which can house the optional 2-piece washer and dryer.
The new Mountain Aire 4559 takes the basic footprint of last year’s 4550 mid bath footprint, and adds a 3rd bathroom sink in the enclosed commode area, as well as entry points from both the front living area as well as the bath area.
- The new 2019 Mountain Aire 4559 is a quad slide with the bedroom in the back of the motor home.
- The front living area has an 87” chaise lounge and dining table with chairs, as well as a residential refrigerator and pantry located in the off door side slide room.
- The door side slide room contains a 74” Dormi sofa sleeper with “televator” and kitchen that is well laid out and now offers a pull out cabinet.
- Mid-ship is a large walk through bathroom area with a large vanity with his and hers sinks. There is also a private water closet with a 3rd sink that can be accessed from either the front living area or from the rest of the open bath area.
- There is also a large 50” X 34” glass enclosed shower with fold down seat.
- The bedroom has a king bed across from a dresser and TV and a large wardrobe along the rear wall offering ample full hanging space and can house the optional 2-piece washer and dryer.
FLOOR PLANS (continued)
- Mountain Aire 4569:
- The Mountain Aire 4569 is a modified version of the 2019 Mountain Aire 4534 model, which it replaces. The 4569 remains a bath and a half model with a full wall slide and U-shaped kitchen.
- The front living area features an 87” chaise lounge and hide-a-leaf dinette with chairs (wider than the dining area in the 4534) on the off door side. An opposing 68” Dormi sofa sleeper with “televator” and U-shaped kitchen are located door side.
- Mid-ship, the refrigerator and pantry, as well as the storage with shelves and drawers (smaller than the one in the 4534 floor plan) is situated on the off door side, with the roomy half bath located on the door side.
- The bedroom has a king bed across from a dresser and TV.
- Rear of the bedroom is the master bath which offers a 40” X 40” glass enclosed shower, washer & dryer, and a two sink vanity with two wardrobes on each side along the rear wall. The wardrobe on the door side of the rear master bath is larger than it was in the 4534 in 2019 in that it extends forward all the way to the shower wall. This provides more total storage space in the rear bath of the new 4569.
APPLIANCES AND ACCESSORIES
- The 2020 Mountain Aire will feature a JBL Slimline subwoofer that is more compact and easier to fit when installed under the dash area.
- Samsung replaces Sony brand televisions in Mountain Aire for 2020.
- Splendide two piece 120 volt washer and dryer replace the Whirlpool models used in 2019. These units are a matching set, where the Whirlpool units did not share similar designs.
- The option for the Xite HD 360 camera system offered in 2019 is a standard feature in 2020 (used on 98% of all Mountain Aire orders in 2019).
CABINETS AND FURNITURE
- A new style of dinette chair will be offered in Mountain Aire for 2020.
- There are travel latches on the pantry doors of the 2020 Mountain Aire.
- In select floor plans, the master bathroom vanity cabinet base will feature tip out storage.
CABINETS AND FURNITURE (continued)
- For 2020, soft close cabinet doors are a standard feature in Mountain Aire.
- Higher quality Ultraleather material is being used to cover furniture in the 2020 Mountain Aire.
- The pull out drawer in kitchen overhead cabinets has been redesigned so as to maximize the available storage space where these are offered.
- The driver and passenger seats will have a newly designed arm rest adjustment lever.
- The transmission controls and engine brake controls have been relocated from the driver console to the steering wheel stalk on the Freightliner chassis. The location of these items on the Spartan chassis is unchanged from 2019.
- The Comfort Drive Steering control has been relocated to the steering wheel and operated through the menu on the glass dash on the Freightliner and Spartan chassis.
- The 2020 Mountain Aire features a new steering column and steering wheel on Freightliner chassis. This new design relocates the wiper controls to the turn signal stalk in addition to moving the transmission and engine brake controls to stalk on the right hand side of the column.
- Tire pressure monitoring system is a standard features on all 2020 Mountain Aire models.
- The optional Spartan chassis on the 2020 Mountain Aire will be equipped with 60 millimeter shocks to provide better ride quality.
- A new key fob programming switch, located under the access panel on top of the dash, is available on the optional Spartan chassis. This provides an easier way for a technician to program a new key fob for the keyless ignition system in the event a fob needs to be replaced.
- The On Guard collision mitigation and adaptive cruise system that was optional on the 2019 Mountain Aire has been made standard for 2020.
- An electrical switch for the brake pedal has been added to allow the push button start to be engaged.
- The macerator toilet flush control panel is illuminated for night time use.
- A new remote switch for the power cord reel has been added at the compartment door (similar to location of power compartment trays.
ELECTRICAL FEATURES (continued)
- A wireless cell phone charging pad has been added to the passenger console of the 2020 Mountain Aire.
- The optional transfer switch surge protector offered as an option in 2019 is a standard feature for 2020.
- The 2020 Mountain Aire has a new Silverleaf display with larger screen.
- Lights and shades are controlled from larger display panels (rather than individual switches), with most lights having the ability to be dimmed.
- New front lower bumper and rear cap, as well as headlights and taillights and trim, concurrent with this year’s life cycle change will provide the 2020 Mountain Aire with a new and fresh exterior appearance.
- A newly designed lighted grab handle with spiral lighting will be a new features at the entry door.
- The 2020 Mountain Aire will feature new exterior graphic and paint colors.
- The diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) tank cap is tethered to the DEF fill door. This new design allows the cap to hang down without contacting the body and avoids damaging the paint finish.
- The optional chrome baggage door handles offered on Mountain Aire in 2019 are standard for 2020.
- Some of the interior decors are new for the 2020 Mountain Aire
- The rear wardrobe in the bedroom of the 2020 Mountain Aire will feature larger shoe storage on select models.
- LED strip lighting above the kitchen slides will include lighting above the sofa or dinette areas (not applicable to the 4533 floorplan).
- The kitchen of the 2020 Mountain Aire (where the optional kitchen window is not present) will feature a new backsplash with concealed LED lights above to illuminate and highlight the inserts.
- The main bath and half bath (where applicable) will feature newly designed back splashes in the vanity area.
- New tile flooring, a redesigned feature ceiling and new art work will be highlights in interior design of the 2020 Mountain Aire.
- A tiled foot prop and new soap dispenser have been added to the shower in the main bath of the 2020 Mountain Aire.
- The driver & passenger cup holders will be illuminated like they are in the 2019 King Aire.
PLUMBING AND BATH FEATURES
- The shower walls and pan in the bath area of all 2020 Mountain Aire will be laid in tile rather than using solid surface for these areas. The 4002, 4018 and 4535 floor plans, where radius showers are offered, the shower pan will be made of solid surface.
- The galley of the 2020 Mountain Aire features a new kitchen faucet.
- The rear engine cage has been redesigned and the step from the bedroom to the rear bath has been lowered as a result of this change. The horsepower and torque ratings remain unchanged, but the engine packaging is smaller and allowed for the engine cage size to be reduced as well.
WINDOWS, AWNINGS, VENTS AND DOORS
- When the optional kitchen window is selected, the kitchen window shade is recessed into the bottom of the overhead cabinet and the window valence has been eliminated, to allow for larger windows where possible and let more light into the galley area.
- A universal toll module is a new option available on Mountain Aire for 2020.
- A new option for a passenger side monitor at the console (similar to what has been offered in King Aire and Essex) is available for the 2020 Mountain Aire.
- The lamp stand used with the optional recliners has been redesigned to provide built in lighted cup holders.
- LED strip lighting under all slides on the off door side of the 2020 Mountain Aire is a new available option.
- A Curt Spectrum brake controller is a new option on the 2020 Mountain Aire built on the optional Spartan chassis. This provides an auxiliary brake control system with the controls integrated into the instrument panel (rather than mounted under the dash when done after-market). This option is not available on the standard Freightliner chassis.
- A new Villa theater seat measuring 87” is a new option on the 2020 Mountain Aire.